CRM 2016 Installation and Configuration
Second post on installation and configuration of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016
- Mount CRM 2016 ISO
- Navigate to Server\amd64 and setupserver.exe
- It will prompt to get updates for CRM.
- Enter license key for CRM 2016.
- Accept agreement
- Some required components need to be installed before CRM installation can continue, install all these components.
- Once installed, they should be highlighted green as shown below:
- Choose a installation path for CRM install. A separate partition was created for SQL and CRM, it was installed to this partition.
- Choose the specific roles you want to install. I installed a ‘full server’ setup which are all components on one server. For production and improved performance and availability a front end and back end option is more appropriate however an additional server will be required for this setup.
- Create a new deployment and choose the SQL server for CRM. As the SQL server was installed on the same box, I choose the host name of the server, it should appear in the list when it performs a discovery.
- You will need to select an OU within Active Directory so CRM can build additional CRM Active Directory Groups.
- Next, you need to specify a service account for each CRM service, this can be a standard domain user account without any additional membership rights. Remember when creating the user account, it is best practice to ensure that the account’s password cannot be changed.
- CRM requires IIS to be installed, it will install this as part of the setup.
- As this was a test server no email router was specified.
- Create a display name for the CRM organisation.
- Reporting services was installed as part of the SQL installation, now type the correct server host name followed by /ReportServer to specify existing setup.
- CRM installation will then perform checks, if any fail, these will need to be addressed.
- Once installation begins, it will warn you that some services will be stopped/started during the installation phase.
- A summary will be provided of the selections chosen, check this before you commit the install.
After this installation, CRM 2016 should now be installed on the server.